Submit a case study
Currently, we are collecting new project abstracts. Shortly we will also start developing the next edition, by collecting full case studies.
If you wish to submit a case study abstract for consideration, please use the submission form available at this link
Abstracts should be submitted in the format above, by the 5th of June 2018. Due to the high number of requests for extension, late submissions are still accepted until the end of June.
Criteria for inclusion
The panel uses the following criteria as a guide to agree on which case studies should be included:
- The shelter project must be wholly completed, or solid learnings can be gained from the project implementation to date.
- Given the scale of emergency shelter need every year, case studies must have had large-scale impacts. Discontinued trials or design concepts will not be included.
- The majority of the project must be implemented within the first year following a natural disaster, or over longer timeframes for recovery processes. For conflict, chronic emergencies and return processes, longer time scales will be considered.
- Accurate project information is available from staff involved in the project implementation.
- The case studies should illustrate a diversity of approaches to meet shelter need. Providing shelter is more than simply designing architecturally impressive structures.
If interested, please take a minute to complete this online survey on Shelter Projects: www.surveymonkey.com/r/NF87XW9
Below are a few questions about this web site. We would be very grateful indeed if you could take a moment to answer these questions - this will help us to make this documentation of case studies better suited to your needs.
- or simply email us: