Submit new project abstracts now! (Deadline extended!)
We are actively collecting abstracts for case studies to be included in the next edition: Shelter Projects 2019-2020. Many thanks to everyone who has already submitted abstracts. To give more time for abstracts to be submitted we have extended the submission deadline to Monday 31st August.
To encourage genuine lessons learned, all case studies will be presented anonymously, without attribution to any organization or individual. Contributors and their organizations will be listed in alphabetical order in the acknowledgements. Both successful and unsuccessful projects can be submitted, as what interests us is the learning outcome. Due to space limitations, not all case studies can be included in the final publication.
If you are interested to contribute to the 2019-2020 edition, please complete the Abstracts Collection Form which can be found at this link Contributors of selected abstracts will then be invited to develop the abstract into a full case study. Abstracts should be submitted by Monday 31st August.
Criteria for case study inclusion
The Shelter Projects Working Group panel will use the following criteria as a guide to agree on which case studies should be included:
- The shelter project must be wholly completed, or solid learnings can be gained from the project implementation to date.
- Given the scale of emergency shelter need every year, case studies must have had large-scale impacts. Discontinued trials or design concepts will not be included.
- The majority of the project must be implemented within the first year following a natural disaster, or over longer timeframes for recovery processes. For conflict, chronic emergencies and return processes, longer time scales will be considered.
- Accurate project information is available from staff involved in the project implementation.
- The case studies should illustrate a diversity of approaches to meet shelter need. Providing shelter is more than simply designing architecturally impressive structures.
If interested, please take a minute to complete this online survey on Shelter Projects: https://tinyurl.com/ShelterProjectsSurvey
Below are a few questions about this web site. We would be very grateful indeed if you could take a moment to answer these questions - this will help us to make this documentation of case studies better suited to your needs.
- or simply email us at email@example.com