Submit a case study
Currently, we are in the process of developing the next edition, by collecting full case studies. The abstracts submissions phase has been closed.
Case study template
If you wish to submit a case study for consideration, please contact us first, and refer to the following template at this link
Case studies should be submitted in the format above, by the 16th of September 2018. Due to the high number of submissions, we may not include all case studies in the publication.
Criteria for inclusion
The panel uses the following criteria as a guide to agree on which case studies should be included:
- The shelter project must be wholly completed, or solid learnings can be gained from the project implementation to date.
- Given the scale of emergency shelter need every year, case studies must have had large-scale impacts. Discontinued trials or design concepts will not be included.
- The majority of the project must be implemented within the first year following a natural disaster, or over longer timeframes for recovery processes. For conflict, chronic emergencies and return processes, longer time scales will be considered.
- Accurate project information is available from staff involved in the project implementation.
- The case studies should illustrate a diversity of approaches to meet shelter need. Providing shelter is more than simply designing architecturally impressive structures.
If interested, please take a minute to complete this online survey on Shelter Projects: www.surveymonkey.com/r/NF87XW9
Below are a few questions about this web site. We would be very grateful indeed if you could take a moment to answer these questions - this will help us to make this documentation of case studies better suited to your needs.
- or simply email us: